Pet Services Terms & Conditions
Embark Pet Services terms of business for services effective 1st May 2019.
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their pet while it is under the care of Embark Pet Services, or is using any other services provided by Embark Pet Services, and agrees to indemnify Embark Pet Services in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their pet, Embark Pet Services has relied on the Client’s representation that their pet is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other animal.
3. All pets will be subject to an initial assessment by Embark Pet Services staff prior to using our services. Embark Pet Services reserves the right to refuse admission to any animal deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Embark Pet Services immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their pet that has the potential to cause harm to any other pet or individual.
5. Embark Pet Services offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. Embark Pet Services will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead’ consent form has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of Embark Pet Services staff.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their pet receives while under the care of Embark Pet Services, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of Embark Pet Services to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Embark Pet Services may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their pet, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. Embark Pet Services reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations, or vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
9. Bitches may not attend Embark Pet Services while pregnant. Embark Pet Services reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
11. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their pet is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable or zoonotic diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Embark Pet Services immediately of any infectious and/or contagious and/or zoonotic disease or conditions their pet has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Embark Pet Services reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
12. The Client consents to their pet being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Embark Pet Services without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Embark Pet Services.
13. The Client agrees that Embark Pet Services is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their pet.
14. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Embark Pet Services to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
15. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the pet for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
16. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Embark Pet Services in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
17. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Embark Pet Services in writing.